Saturday, August 13, 2011

Verse for Week #6...

It has been a great and not so great week for me, as I have seen Satan try to get a foothold in my life. However, through prayer and more prayer, God has shown Himself victorious as He always does. A few weeks ago, our verse for the week was John 16:33...

"I have told you these things, so that in me you will have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

You see, Jesus already told Satan that He has overcome the world, but Satan refuses to accept that fact. Satan likes to sneak in and try to grab a foothold in people's lives, but if you truly believe that Jesus has overcome the world and trust Him then you will see Jesus become victorious in every situation!

That leads me to the verse for this week...

"In Him and through faith in Him we may approach God with freedom and confidence." - Ephesians 3:12

Through tests and trials I have learned that you must trust Jesus with your whole heart, even if you are not seeing results when you want to see them. Our ways are not His ways, our thoughts are not His thoughts, and our timing is not His timing. That is why He is God and we are not. My job as a believer in Jesus Christ is to trust Him at all times and to know that He is going to take care of me. My encouragement to you is to have faith and approach God with freedom and confidence, and let the Creator of the Universe know what is on your heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment